Do 1986 REAR calipers fit on 1988?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do 1986 REAR calipers fit on 1988?

Need to buy new calipers and can't find ANY at all at a reasonable price. Only right side is available on rock auto atm. Just need to know if '86 calipers are compatible with '88.

Thanks.

Wait, so you were at rockauto's website and couldn't look up this for yourself?

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
      Wait, so you were at rockauto's website [I]and couldn't look up this for yourself?
      Either I don't know how to use rockauto or it doesn't tell me it fits. The 1988 section are out of stock atm but they look identical to an 1986's and just wanted to make sure there wasn't any fitment differences. Sorry ?\_(ツ)_/?

Comment

We're gonna go the "teach you to fish" route...

Easy:

On RockAuto:

look up calipers for 88
        scroll down
        look up calipers for 86

compare part numbers between the two (also application date range is usually shown when you click on the part number)

if they are the same = interchangeable
        if they are different = no interchange

Or:

Go to nissanpartsdeal

look up same info on parts diagrams they have for each model.

You can also do this on autoparts store websites like NAPA, Oreilly, etc,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
          We're gonna go the "teach you to fish" route...

Easy:

On RockAuto:

look up calipers for 88
          scroll down
          look up calipers for 86

compare part numbers between the two (also application date range is usually shown when you click on the part number)

if they are the same = interchangeable
          if they are different = no interchange

Or:

Go to nissanpartsdeal

look up same info on parts diagrams they have for each model.

You can also do this on autoparts store websites like NAPA, Oreilly, etc,,,
          Neat, thanks for teaching me this. Turns out they aren't interchangeable and now I'm back on the hunt for the elusive 44011-06P90 and 44001-06P00 lol.

Comment

No problem, thanks for learning

They aren't interchangeable because the hub on the 87-89 rear control arms is positioned outward 10mm further than the 84-86.

The 84-86 caliper would not be center aligned to the disc when mounted to the 87-89 control arm bracket.

You could shim it out 10mm if you absolutely had to, and had a source for the shims.

Comment

Working...
            X