Electronic strut removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic strut removal

Trying to take out the adjustable strut from the shaft housing. I already took off the piece that screws into the shaft housing and I thought I would just be able to slide the strut out of the housing but it’s not budging. I checked the FSM and Haynes really quick and I found nothing. Anyone with experience on this?

https://i.imgur.com/ZF9WfNI_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium
    '85 2+0 Turbo

Partially thread the gland nut back on and while holding the strut housing in one hand, whack the top of the gland nut with a hammer to try and get the strut insert to "climb" up the tube, conversely you could also drop the assembly onto something solid that won't absorb any energy (wood) to get it to break loose of the tube. Probably a fair amount of gunk is holding it inplace,

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

It's been a long time since I've had one of those apart.

1. I'd put the gland nut back on partway, put the shaft in my bench vise, and then give the top of the gland nut a few clunks with a hammer.

2. I don't *think* there's anything in the strut tube (please somebody chime in if I'm wrong) that would be harmed by putting a little gasoline in there overnight to try cutting the crud a bit and make the manual whacking and yanking more effective. I have not tried this, but I probably would.

Comment

Working...
      X