Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jy1235689 View Post
    I went all in. Did I win?
    I like what you did with the color change on the tach and speedo.
    Originally posted by Andrew84zx
    tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
    545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

I got my AC working!! I had to pull the dash and replace all the vacuum lines. It was a pain but well worth it. I doesn't blow super hard but it cools me off when it's 110 in this California heat. Who lives in Cali on their own terms beats me.
      Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

• jy1235689
        jy1235689 commented
        Editing a comment
        My dashpot (the vacuum device that pulls the doors) had rubber-rot so it needed a new one to work. Had to pull out the entire dashboard...

I woke up and didn't have a Z31.

Comment

• jy1235689
        jy1235689 commented
        Editing a comment
        Stolen? Or you sold it?

Jesus, what an awful nightmare!

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

My non car guy buddy decided we talked about cars and bikes too much at work and decided to get a project. He couldn't decide between a Z32, 240sx, or an E36. I told him to check out Z31's. He fell in love and just so happens, one of the Marines in our squadron had an 85 2+2 that skipped a tooth and had been sitting for 6 months. Talked him down from 800 to 500 bucks and towed it to my house.

We tore the front end off and checked the timing belt. Timing belt was good and on the correct teeth. I told him to buy a battery and we'll put it back together. Tried to start but nothing. I pull the distributor out and it was way off. Got the engine to TDC and re stabbed the distributor. Starts up first try and purrs. The man has a running 5 spd with working digi dash and cold A/C for 600 bucks.
        Last edited by govbrown; 08-29-2019, 02:32 PM.
        Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Comment

Irritating...
        1984 GLL 300ZX NA to VG30ET Engine Swap Big Turbo
        1987 Auto Rare Kouki Slicktop Velvet-Cake (NA2T in progress: parts sourced)

Comment

• AzureblueZ
          AzureblueZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh sh!#. What happened?

• jy1235689
          jy1235689 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't have a heat gun. And a PO it seems already attempted this halfway and used superglue to reseal.

Have a used mint one on order to try again. and the old cracked one is already modded and ready to wire into the rear brake lights. Just filling the cracks one last time with gorilla glue and will hit it with
        1) DRY block sand (don't want the glue to get gooey)
        2) acetone wipe to get that factory smooth finish.
        1984 GLL 300ZX NA to VG30ET Engine Swap Big Turbo
        1987 Auto Rare Kouki Slicktop Velvet-Cake (NA2T in progress: parts sourced)

Comment

talked a buddy back home into the Z31 bug, he picked up a 86T in great condition. He goes pretty hard in the S-chassis and local drift scene. He's no squid and slides with a great crew, can't wait to see how it turns out

Comment

• jy1235689
            jy1235689 commented
            Editing a comment
            Every z31 drift project is a minimum $5k just to do it right (subframe swap, lsd diff, suspension, turbo+ecu) you've financially ruined your bud

just doing my job! lol

they've been a Nissan tech for awhile and ended up digging out an original hardprint FSM from the back

$5K? thats small beans baby

Comment

Working...
          X