Larger throttle body on my VG30E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larger throttle body on my VG30E

Hey guys, does anyone know if I can put a 240sx throttle body on my 84' 300zx VG30E n/a. My throttle body now looks like it has 2 throttle cables and the 240sx throttle body has 1? Any info. will be great. thanks

Matt

Here you go....http://www.z31performance.com/forum/search.php

Comment

z

Comment

or if you don't use ur cruise control, you can shed the extra pounds and remove the unit and get the 240sx TB and ur set, but they also have a 240sx TB that has both of the cruise and throttle cables.
        1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
        '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
        '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
        '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
        '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
        Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

Comment

Why would he want to put a throttle body from a car with a smaller engine? The 240sx has a smaller displacement type engine?

Comment

Search my friend, search.

The 240SX tb is 60mm in diameter whereas the Z31 tb is 54mm in diameter. It is pointless to put it on unless you also make the inlet on the upper plenum 60mm to match.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
            1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
            2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

It is a larger throttle body than on the Z. That means it is less restrictive and can flow more air per minute and it would improve performance.

here's some info to read. 2/3's of the page down has Throttle body upgrade.
              http://redz31.suomiz.net/turbofaq/tu...q.htm#advanced

NissanEgg [strike:20676]beat me[/strike:20676]with fast fingers, but here's the link above to help.

I can't believe I said that above. NissanEgg did not "beat me," he simply was quicker in his response.
              Last edited by Kennedy; 10-28-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hey thnx guys. Nissanegg to be honest I never thought of that, I guess I could bore it out. Turns out my exhaust is half 3" from where the cat use to be back and the rest stock, have to change that when I put on headers

Comment

thnx reborn, good info

Comment

So possibly the 240sx engine design needed this? Its 2.4 liter displacement has the 4 cylinder of each having 0.6 liter? So, the Nissan VG engine type having the six cylinders individually displacing 0.5 liter each. That is the math fact?

The individual cylinder mathematica can be expressed as 51mm/(0.5L/0.6L)=61mm? A relationship between cylinders has made a correlation?

Comment

^^ you remind me of Crowbar

Comment

Is that a mathetica Program? Is it Freeware?

Comment

z

Comment

rex2285 wrote: thnx reborn, good info
                            Aahhh, it's LuZZifer if you want to shorten it. reborn is simply used because all my LuZZifer IDs have died and gone when I stopped posting. I started posting on ZCAR.com, twinturbo.net & lurking Z31 back in '97-98 when they all started coming online and I couldn't keep up because of work since 2003, but I am able to come back to the passion now.

I'm an old Inline Z guy that is just learning about this model and what to do with it.

and ZFARSI, I think you are missing the true engineering, mechanical, full quantum physics of how the world works within the Z motor on a universal plane.

It is the angle of the dangle that is indirectly proportional to the cosign of the amount of splash that is important. All else is irrelevant as to why the KA24 has a 60mm TB.

Comment

actually the math should use the area since the flow can be related to that.

So for a 54mm (is this correct?), it works out to...

[54/2]^2x3.14=22.89 sq cm

..and 60mm..

[60/2]^2x3.14=28.26 sq cm

It is still a very close correlation once 22.89*1.2=27.46 which is very close to 28.26

The more rigerous approach would subtract out the cross butterfly dimension.

Comment

Working...
                              X