X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn...i wish i had analog..i hate digital

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
    Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack...end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Comment

Hey now, don't hate on the digital. I like the uniqueness of the dash. And when it works (which mine has, for the most part), it's great. Gets comments all the time.

Badboyz,
      I like the blue, very cool. The only thing is, doesn't it kill your night vision? I left mine green so that I could still see at night since this is my DD. That's why most stock dashes are green or red (so I hear). Regardless, very cool.
      1985 NA 300ZX
      Original Stock

Comment

redcbs wrote: Hey now, don't hate on the digital. I like the uniqueness of the dash. And when it works (which mine has, for the most part), it's great. Gets comments all the time.

Badboyz,
        I like the blue, very cool. The only thing is, doesn't it kill your night vision? I left mine green so that I could still see at night since this is my DD. That's why most stock dashes are green or red (so I hear). Regardless, very cool.
        meh mine gets compliments too but the digital is buggy and kinda inacurate..i would prefere an analog...and why would blue affect his vision...if anything its better than other colors because i believe blue is the easiest on the eyes

1988 570zx SS Edition

Originally posted by Neil86t
        Just get a slick paint job like mine and its all good. I had a girl that said she wanted to lick my car. She ended up licking my sack...end of story. Bitch ain't gonna lick my car.

Comment

lol, HIS blue certainly isnt easy on my eyes (based on the pictures).
          - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

redcbs wrote: Hey now, don't hate on the digital. I like the uniqueness of the dash. And when it works (which mine has, for the most part), it's great. Gets comments all the time.

Badboyz,
            no it is actually easier on my eyes and yes those pics suck they look too bright in the pics but they are actually a nice blue color not aqua looking and they are not as bright, my car is my DD also but the blue suits my eyes better. Also redcbs do you have green dome lights and map lights, if so can you take a pic for me of them with the covers off and how you mounted them??? please :-D
            1uz Swapped, lowered, flaked out '86 z31
            '72 Datsun 510 4dr, ka24de-T, slammed resto mod
            '84 z31 turbo, coils, wheels a.k.a the gfs weekend car
            '86 na2t parts for now a.k.a eventually will get running with a/c daily
            '83 280zx project backburner a.k.a ls turbo drag car one day
            Custom vg30et tube chassis drift exocet project

Comment

Glad to hear they aren't aqua. :-D

Yes, the digital may not be as accurate 100% of the time, but the speedo, oil, and rpms are always working (fuel, engine temp, and battery have a little character) Also I know the car well enough to know when something is up. And since ive replaced the fuel sending unit twice, I just keep track of mileage.

As for the leds, I replaced each footwell light with two leds. The dome light has 5 leds similar to a dice configuration. I left the maplights alone because, occasionally, I need white light in my car. You'll have to give me a bit of time to get pictures of the assemblies as I'm fixing to move back home in two days.

To keep you till then, the dome light is actually not mounted to anything. It sits right on the dome cover, no problems. The two footwell lights, I took some aluminum sheeting and cut/bent it into a box similar to what the stock light sits in (my circuit board/led assy was just a tad too big for the stock box). I left a little fin and drilled a hole in order to use the stock screw to secure it. again, no problems. I'll try and get those pics to you as soon as i can, but life may be hectic for a bit.
              1985 NA 300ZX
              Original Stock

Comment

(And badboyz, where at in FL? I live outside of Pensacola and go to school in ATL.)
                1985 NA 300ZX
                Original Stock

Comment

ok sweet, i did the same thing for the foot wells lol, and i will be doing the dome light soon, not rele too worried about the pics so you can take your time.

I live in lake alfred just outside of orlando, but im in tampa right now, yea pensacola is about 6-8 hours from here.

Comment

My LED "footwell" lights ...

LED Dome light ..

Door light..

Check my Z Garage link (below) for more pics of the interior ...
                    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

inqui-Z-tor wrote:
                      LED Dome light ..

how did you wire up the dome light? too come on with the other lights or too come on with the door and switch?

Comment

[quote]badboyz31 wrote:
                        Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
                        LED Dome light ..

how did you wire up the dome light? too come on with the other lights or too come on with the door and switch?
                        Operates just like OEM ..

I can turn on/off via switch; and/or via door ... the LED array was designed/built by xinxspuz ..

http://88hybrid.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... hlight=led

MSA now markets LEDs for dome lights ..
                        '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
                        PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

[quote]inqui-Z-tor wrote: [quote=badboyz31]
                          Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:564ac
                          LED Dome light ..

Operates just like OEM ..

I can turn on/off via switch; and/or via door ... the LED array was designed/built by xinxspuz ..

http://88hybrid.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... hlight=led

MSA now markets LEDs for dome lights ..[/quote:564ac]

sweet thanks im deff gonna have to pick some up lol i will make my out board if i have too, but some companies sell them as a board, should have them soon though

Comment

Towards the LED's

I bought this kit for $25 and fits 5 different style bulb bases.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html#U-PCB

It was daylight out when I took these pictures. Ill get night pictures soon...if WANTED?

12 HIGH POWER LED's
                            http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html#U-PCB

12 LED AMBER BULB...OFFSET, its the reason the light is bright in the corner...

I have these for my footwell/courtesy lights

3 HIGH POWER SMD LED's
                            SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM OF PAGE
                            http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

Comment

Working...
                            X