Good wheel sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good wheel sites?

I am getting headaches looking through sites that don't have size selection options. Any help is appreciated.

I am liking these:
    http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC19/25-1063

Simple but tough looking. I think they would look good on a white 85. I tend to like the old school type wheels and the price is reasonable IMO.

Any thoughts? Photo-chop anyone? Will send pic if needed.
    Just stand back and throw money.
    Performance costs money.
    Reliable performance costs more.

love the style and color options

but $600 for 16x7 same as stock size? Hell no.

I usually start my searches on ebay. Find something you like and then google the brand or manufacturer and just follow the trail. It takes a lot of time but it's worth it considering the potential money investment.

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Comment

^ I agree, but I havent found anything I really like yet on e-bay. Ill keep after it though.

It just seems odd that some of these sites that have a zillion different wheels available don't have a size search function. Hell, most manufacturer sites Iv tried so far don't either...scratches head...
      Performance costs money.

Comment

You've probably already looked .. but check out WheelShow .. in some cases I've linked to a vendor or mfg ...
        '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
        PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

club4ag.com for sale forum for oldschool jdm rims

Here is a pic of the rewinds on my car 15x7 o offset, very lightweight

Comment

Z31SPL-

Thanks for the pics. That helps.

Bum-

I am somewhat stuck with 15x7 since I have 2 full sets of nearly new tires now. I would love to go with 16 or 17" but I cant justify tossing nearly $1000 worth of perfectly good rubber.

I was planning to rifle through the shop catalogs later this week.
            Performance costs money.

Comment

^^^ I am amazed that a 15x7 looks that good, but for the money invested he could have found something 9" wide at least.

if you want 16's or 17's then sell the rubber you have. There is a market for tires, especially in the auto-x and drift crowd.

just trying to say don't settle for something that isn't exactly what you want.

another idea. ziptied has a wheel fitment thread. a lot of the details like offset and tire size is different than Z31's but there are a ton of different wheels and manufacturers listed...and you won't find weak sizes like 15's unless it's on a corolla.

also, check out for sale sections on any automotive forum (4ag, 240forums, nissanclub, ziptied, and JDM importers). Wheels will pop up, then google the brand.

Comment

They fit almost flush with the fenders by the way. I have tokico lowering springs and didnt having any rubbing issues except barely with the plastic lining in the front wheel wells. A little trimming solved that and I had no other fitment issues. Mine are all Bronze and I custom ordered them from Techo Toy Tuning through the club4ag.com forum. It looks like the forum is currently down but on the T3 website they have some custom colors available. I highly reccomend the gold with polished lip I wanted them so bad but when I was ordering my rims back then they were very very rare and hard to order. I couldnt wait so I just compromised for bronze. In the near future though I will go with the gold.http://www.technotoytuning.com/produ...p?vehicleid=17

Comment

Benedict wrote: ^^^ I am amazed that a 15x7 looks that good, but for the money invested he could have found something 9" wide at least.
                  I only invested 200$ by the way :wink: And got double my money back wen I sold them. 15 inches isnt all that "weak" it all depends on how you set your car up and have the proper fitment. Back when my car was fitted with 15x7's all around with that 0 offset it looked pretty mean from any angle. I mean sure if your just cruising your car down the highway and driving it gently from time to time 17 or even 18 inches is fine. (Or if your a baller) But if your riding your car day in and day out through a big city and also actively participate in motorsports (Other than drag racing) Then you might want to consider something somthing less extreme that wont get bonked on the first set of potholes you come across. Besides 15 inch tires arent so hard on the wallet when you are going through them like water.

Comment

^^^ $200...group buy special?

yup, 15" tires are easy to come by for cheap, but try finding a good size, something with a sidewall lower than 50...you can probably count them on one hand.

16's aren't mutch better. I'm using 16's right now and want to try some 205/50/16's because I can get them from a dealer used and the sidewall is small and tight. Remember my focus is drifting, then auto-x. having such a tall sidewall is killing me, but 225's are barely enough grip. Until I upgrade to 17's I'm stuck making compromises

going throught them like water? trust me, I know. My last DD I was prepaired with 3 pairs to kill, 2 being a matching set of 4 that lasted 3 runs each pair. That was about 15 minutes and $125 gone in no time

that's why you buy them used or steal em from the used stack behind the local tire shop

real options in tire sizes start at 17"

anyway...enough about tires...back to the threads focus, wheels for cheap

Comment

One site ... 247 Brands ... links all one one page.

http://superbuytires.com/wheels/

Comment

here in a size 15x8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-8-Spo ... 0064779734

Comment

1artworkz wrote: One site ... 247 Brands ... links all one one page.

http://superbuytires.com/wheels/
                          Nice link!

hmm, how about this old school 15x7:

http://superbuytires.com/Axis/Ogsan/
                          Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

look at all those bootlegs in one convenient place!

Comment

and no bolt patterns mentioned

Comment

Working...
                              X