http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

NIVO wrote: i like my wheels

but they are 18's.

18x8.5 Front +20
      18x9.5 Rear +35

245/40/18 Falken 452's
      275/40/18 Falken 452's
      I love those deep dish style wheels on the Z31. Where did you get those?
      My favorites of all time are the Work Equips and I wont settle for anything less than that (except temporarily 84AE/86T wheels...but that would be until i could afford work equips). It really doesn't have to be that brand, as long as it's deep and has the "ferrari" style 5 star pattern. Like this but Deep dish.
      http://www.vgpowered.com
      Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

I appreciate the feedback guys, I really do. I cant argue that 15" is smallish compared to most wheels now, but, I really dont have a reselling market where I live and fee-bay will be a waist of good rubber by the time its all over.

In the last week I have scoured at least 50 sites and who knows how many wheels. At the end of the day I havent found anything I really like much more than the Konig Rewinds from MSA. Most wheels I found out there that I liked were 40 offset or the wrong bolt pattern. (I'm not doing a 5 lug conversion so that drastically limits me I know)

There are precious few 15x7" wheels with the 4x114.3 pattern that will fit. The primary issue I found in my searching was offset. This can be addressed with spacers but I would rather not go that route if I have a wheel I like that doesn't need spacing, and the wheels that need spacing just didnt turn me on enough to buy the spacers and longer studs to have them.

84z31- I like those wheels, but not more than the Rewinds. Thanks for the info though.

Mesh wheels. I like them, actually a lot. But I don't want them on my car after photo chopping them. Not sure if that makes sense or not. :?

Again, thanks for the input guys. :wink:
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Finding wheels for the z31 is a challenge .. back in the 80s .. you had .. Gotti; Speed Star; Epsilon; and a few others that I can't recall their names.

All either out of business or no longer making those wheels ..

At 1-time .. early 80s .. there was a Ferrari 5-star wheel for the z31 .. by today's standards . .they probably be too heavy.
          Attached Files
          '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
          PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

Comment

inqui-Z-tor wrote: Finding wheels for the z31 is a challenge .. back in the 80s .. you had .. Gotti; Speed Star; Epsilon; and a few others that I can't recall their names.

At 1-time .. early 80s .. there was a Ferrari 5-star wheel for the z31 .. by today's standards . .they probably be too heavy.
            Unfortunately I remember the 80s when a 15" wheel was easy to find. :shock:

You bring up a good point: weight.

Of the few wheels I did find, most were very heavy.
            Performance costs money.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
              Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor:17002
              Finding wheels for the z31 is a challenge .. back in the 80s .. you had .. Gotti; Speed Star; Epsilon; and a few others that I can't recall their names.

Unfortunately I remember the 80s when a 15" wheel was easy to find. :shock:

You bring up a good point: weight.

Of the few wheels I did find, most were very heavy.[/quote:17002]

Mass is pretty amazing. a couple days ago I actually had to use my spare wheel. Uninflated, it felt as heavy as the stock inflated NA rim! That thing is heavy!
              http://www.vgpowered.com
              Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

this Mass is amazing :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qy1H_Bqpfk[/video]]

I wrap my paper weights in glitter.

Comment

Things I've learned...

Cheap wheels have gay offsets because they are cast and you can't have low offsets due to it not being strong enough.

17x10 0 offset Work Meister S1's popping up on ebay , and you snagging them for $400 is something that is never going to happen unless 8,000 other bidders (who know exactly what they are) lose their internet.

Biting the bullet, and spending money on sweet reeeeems fit exactly to your specs is so worth it. Trust me, you will not regret it.

Having the same wheels as somebody else is like when 2 chicks wear the same dress to a party.

Building your own wheels is the greatest thing ever.

Bent 16" Watanabes on ebay- $100
                  5.5" Kodiak wheel shell half X2-$300
                  5" Kodiak wheel shell half, polished X2-$350
                  -------------------------
                  $750 pair of forged, lightweight wheels made to my exact measurements...
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

^ Holy crap Butter, I don't think Ive ever seen anything quite like that. Love it, but I don't have the equipment available to get it done. And I don't even want to think about how much it would be to have it done by someone else.

The "wannabe" Konig Reswinds are actually the exact specs I want. I would like a bit lighter but at 13lbs I cant bitch too much compared to stock weight or other wheels that aren't ungodly expensive to get a really low weight.

The more I searched the more I realized that 0 or near 0 offset 15" 4 lug wheels are just not very common in the market now. I searched some used sources and local used sources but most of the results basically sucked as far as quality.
                    Performance costs money.

Comment

Working...
                    X