NA to Turbo idle control swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes sir,
    adjust it cw, and it idles too low (wants to die)
    adjust it ccw, it either idles too high, or does that fluctuation.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

i just want a nice idle!
    what do i do?

Comment

fairladylover wrote:
      i just want a nice idle!
      what do i do?
      No idle controls with a set screw on the TB :P
      - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

fairladylover wrote: here are the two

i have that same issue after an na to turbo swap

i read this: Chris86NA2T- I had the NA idle control in the car.. when it was plugged in the idle rpm would vary between 700 and 1100.. it would shift back and forth about twice a minute.. it drove me crazy so i unplugged it.. as a result my car would not idle while cold, i would have to keep it running for a minute or so with the gas pedal. using the turbo idle control everything now works perfect..

i got excited and did the switch and now it idles at 1200 rpm
        so i switched back to not have such a high idle and im back to where i started: hesitant to start and a 700-1100 fluctuation after warmed up.
        any more ideas?
        please help
        put the turbo idle control back on. thats the proper control for your car. it wouldnt hurt to take the thing apart and clean it before you reinstall it. Once you have it back in place, make sure that the throttle body is fully closed while at idle. sometime the little screw on the bottom is cracking the TB open.. after you check that the TB is closing all the way go ahead and use the idle speed adjustment screw on the side of your newly installed turbo idle control to set the idle where you want.

Comment

Bought a Turbo AAC valve from Durkin. Spliced it into my factory plug according to Chris' instructions- hooked everything back up and she runs great. Had to take it all apart though to break the idle adjust screw free with a friggin jackhammer (Almost). Thank again for the pics and instructions Chris86NA2T. Very helpful.
          Everything is Meaningless.

Comment

Working...
          X