No announcement yet.

Injector rewire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crowbar wrote: Try to address issues raised in someone else's post before flying off on fantasy conversations where you try to put words in someone else's mouth. It will make you appear as a rational person if nothing else.
    there you go again arguing some rhetorical point in the sky.... why is it you never answer with something meaningful? is it too hard?

you have this hangup with certain electrical aspects and are so obsessed as if they are the special key to understanding, they you completely ignore the larger simpler truths as you share with us some cloudy vision of how it works

most of the threads you've posted in have devolved into teaching tools for the newbies.. it teaches them to research because you can't believe everything everyone writes on the internet

Comment

Im wowed

Comment

actually I have a great idea, calculate how much air can pass through the throttle-body with a 10psi difference from one side to the other in 40ms

Comment

ackion wrote: Im wowed
          So am I.

I have a better idea G-E. how about you calculate it and tell us how it is handled with your hand-waving explanations of how embedded-conrolled electro-mechanical systems work in your psuedo-world?
          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

you're the scientist who can't see the forest through the trees.... you tell us

Comment

I am an Engineer. Not a Scientist. And you are?
              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Im a genius...What do you have on that?
                ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

I have an ace in my pants

Comment

Yes, reality is an impediment to those that want to live in a fantasy world.
                    Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

GotFast? wrote: Im a genius...What do you have on that?
                      No I really am. Which means Im smarter then you. Ahh sucks to be you.
                      ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

I knew I wasnt reading this thread for a reason. Why the hell did I start now?

Oh yeah, I was wondering what about an injector rewire could possibly last four pages.
                        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

that's what happens when you let an engineer try to grasp semi-abstract concepts.... never fails to cause an argument

I once had an argument over the idea of tilting a wheel sideways (think camber) in order to reduce the apparent curvature of the wheel in relation to the ground, he swore up and down that it was impossible for at least an hour...

Comment

I forgot who is arguing which point but here's my take. I seriously doubt the injectors, no matter what system they use to fire, are lagging in any noticeable or problematic way. I do think that the maf is the cause of most of lag associated with a quick change in speed/airflow. The maf just isnt going to be able to keep up both because of its design and its location. I believe this is exactly why most newer nissans use a variable tps. The ecu sees a large change in throttle position and uses an enrichment factor to modify the injector pulsewidth to accomodate until the maf can catch up. It's a very common function on oem and standalone ecus. Our ecu is just too old to have it.

Either way. I doubt anyone is going to prove a practical benefit to how the injectors are wired one way or the other. The only reason I think the injectors really need to be wired back to stock is to use dropping resistors for low impedance injectors. I'm sure one of you guys can do the math for me and see if that's a correct theory. What kind of resistor would you use if the injectors were left wired post recall?

Comment

:lol:
                              To hell with math and brain power.

*I'd just wire my restistors in the engine bay rather than at the ecu if sticking with the post recall re-wire scenario.

:roll:
                              I am here to help...

Comment

[quote]GotFast? wrote:
                                Originally posted by GotFast?:d289d
                                Im a genius...What do you have on that?
                                No I really am. Which means Im smarter then you. Ahh sucks to be you.[/quote:d289d]

Looks like Geniuses talk to themselves. They really do.
                                Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

Working...
                                X