No announcement yet.

Megasquirt info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never trusted the MS flyback circuit. I wanted to install it to run my low-z injectors without resistors, but after hearing stories of flyback noise interfering with the other sensors I've delayed it. Maybe I'll get a MS3 to do that... but at MS3's price it's not much more to get a Haltech...
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

• If anyone wants to share their timing map that would be sweet.

Or send your msq if ifs easier.
      charger_6_9@hotmail.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

• I hate getting kicked out due to forgetting to clicking "remember me" mid-post.

Anywho car idles at 750rpm around 18* at 13.8-14.2afr at 40 psi fuel pressure on 460cc injectors. Did not log it. I was going to see if i had enough juice to start from a battery jump and it just decided it was going to run all by itself first try. I'll log it next go around but current ve, spark and target afr tables i have burned in now are worth sharing. I dont suggest ANYONE use these maps. They need work! I am not responsible if you blow your engine.

Afr target table was turned off. I need to read up more on that style of tuning AFTER i tweak the ve table to allow me to free rev with some freakin throttle response.
        vg30'd s13 in progress. Shocks. Pegs. Lucky.

Comment

• Wow I run a lot more timing. Remind me to post it when I get to my tuning laptop.
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

• For using na pistons on shaved heads with 460cc injectors i wasn't sure where to start really.

Going to work that ve table first. That's where my problems are now.

Comment

• I havent looked at my map much but i seem to remember 36-37* total timing in some of the high load low boost areas

Comment

• Yeah, i think i need to take a look at some maps. Couldn't hurt. Would love to see injector settings for bigger injectors and know what your base fuel pressure is also. I'm in the car now (sweaty, getting eaten by mosquitos.....) letting it cool off. backed it out of the driveway and moved it forward and backward playing with my new clutch (nothing to it and i've never driven a paddle clutch before). had my dizzy turned full counter clockwise and that was too much. Bolt in the middle of the dizzy has it doing alot better.

At 165* i'm able to free rev into the 5000 range. I raised idle to 1000rpm and it's at 14.7 It's running stoich there quite beautifully. I rev up and it gets into the 15's. Car hasn't moved on it's own power in 2 years.

Comment

• Been driving it all week. Boosting and all that jazz. Again, this is with a d21 dizzy, trigger wheel and sleeve under a maxima cap working fine. Lots of fun. I'm in the high 15-16 afr range in cruise/low throttle, goes into the 13's under hard accelleration while boost builds and 12 into the 10's in boost from 3500 to 6000 rpm. I need a screen shot of a good working ACCEL DECEL TRIGGER DOT setup.Also wanting to see your numbers for accel enrichment wizard to compare with my own. If you are an ms1 user please pm me or shoot me an email. Thanks.

Comment

• Still driving/tuning it. If you have done updates and run the MS1 v2.2 E do make sure your auto tune box is checked OFF while it's calculating before you hit "start auto tune".

I do map comparisons and change my cell weighting manually to see what it does vs using that whole generated map. Still looking at getting some help (pm or public) at what people have used as far as coolant/air density settings. mine is turned OFF.

I did some hooning yesterday and played with my idle in the driveway, it went pretty lean and i wasn't out of gas. Then after much fiddling i didn't realize my MAT WAS AT 125*F. Intercooler wasn't warm. Cold pipe was due to the proximity to unwrapped exhaust components. Car didn't like that. I shut it off, put my custom "default" map in and let it sit for a few hours. Went to the store. Then drove it 30 miles, sat in a drive thru for 10 minutes. Fine. Drove it today pulling some fuel from my boost section. Ran fine. Obviously there's some work to be done still. That's tuning.

TS suggests that the coolant/air density be messed with only after you have a solid tune. Still working at balancing my rising rate fpr with the ve. I'm hitting walls in boost. Right now i'm too rich and MIGHT have spark blow out occurring.....

Nobody likes posting their maps and that's a shame. In a few days i'll be posting my work so far. Will disappear for a bit then i'll be back again with the knock amplifier. I got a little 2 channel 3.5mm aux in amp coming in so i can not only listen to music but play knock through my speakers. The old cylinder head temp port looks about right for that? Where should i mount my knock amp? I've heard cylinder head and i've heard side of the block in stock location. I think one of the heads might be a better bet but that's just my opinion.

Again, if anyone needs help setting up their ms1 v2.2 i dont mind answering questions in pm or otherwise. I hope to have a safe tune for 10 psi on 460cc rx7 injectors with the higher compression na pistons to allow someone to have a base map to get them SEAT TIME. Not everyone can do pulls on the dyno and pay for tuning outright.

Comment

• Got the setup over here running rather gnarly.
                      89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                      87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                      07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

• Runs of the coil negative, IIRC. Easy.
                          BLOZ UP.com

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X