Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I Order: Simple CM Exhaust Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kutakino wrote: All I got with the new exhaust was the big ring with tapered ends that sits between the down-pipe and o2 housing openings
    so there is a ring they provide that goes in between?

It just doesn't look like it makes sense in the picture they show.

The stock DP has a bubble-flare type end, and it goes INSIDE the turbo elbow. The CM DP pictured above has a flared-out end... so I don't envision a flared end sealing well against a surface that is tapered inwards or on the flange mating surface itself unless there is a piece provided that goes in between.

I don't know. guess I'll just order it.

Comment

Yea, one tapered end of the ring fits snug in the flared-out end of the CM down-pipe, and then the other tapered end of the ring fits snug into the end of the o2 elbow. When you fit the down-pipe, the end of the pipe will not touch the o2 elbow due to the ring, so I assume that tightening the flange thingy to the elbow compresses the pipe against the ring and seals both ends. If you were to use sealant, it would have to go on the outside surface of the taper on the ring, not the pipes.

If you look at the picture of just the 3" down-pipe on CM's site, you can sort of see the metal ring at the bottom.

86T GLL

Comment

That's what I needed to know :-)

Now I see it:

thank you, sir.

I'm going to get the fire extinguisher... my wallet just instantaneously combusted...

Comment

What a joke this innovate LC1 website is.

I need to order another bung and they go for 8 bucks.
          shipping... 59 FUCKING DOLLARS.

I'm not asking for the patents on the fucking thing. SHEESH.

Comment

Get someone from the states to order it then send it to you. If not, just ask the guy from CM performance to weld on the bung. He would be more than happy to for a few bucks.
            Usual Z31 suspect: Garage Queen (aka broken)

Comment

300zxturboftw wrote: Get someone from the states to order it then send it to you. If not, just ask the guy from CM performance to weld on the bung. He would be more than happy to for a few bucks.
              i put it in the instructions to contact me if he can do it, or convert the AIV bung to an O2 bung in the same direction. It should clear everything in that direction.

Comment

[quote]Careless wrote:
                Originally posted by 300zxturboftw
                Get someone from the states to order it then send it to you. If not, just ask the guy from CM performance to weld on the bung. He would be more than happy to for a few bucks.
                i put it in the instructions to contact me if he can do it, or convert the AIV bung to an O2 bung in the same direction. It should clear everything in that direction.
                It does, thats where I have mine.
                - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

Late to the party. I have the CM turbo back, 3", hi flo cat, dual tip. Everything needed to mount was there, slight fitment issue, dual tips look great and sound great
                  1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package

Comment

any pics/sound clips? I already ordered, but it would be nice to make sounds in my sleep :zzz

What was the fitment issue regarding?

Comment

maybe this will help? :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utsBBGRT8I[/video]]

I have the stainless 3" turbo back with single tip, just not installed yet :-?
                      COMMAND AWESOME

Comment

My mechanic put it in for me and is always skeptical about any aftermarket parts I bring him. He was most impressed with CM. He said he had to trim about an inch of pipe off to get everything to line up correctly. He cut approx. 1" off where pipe goes up and over the... can't remember. It's been a year or so. Subframe, maybe? Help me out.

I won't be able to get a clip as it is at the shop for a few days. Boost controller + gauge. I listened to the clip posted above. That would be it.
                        1986zxt w/ '86, 56k mile, na engine (turbo bits swapped), K&N intake, 3" CM Performance turbo-back exhaust, Eibachs, KYB shocks, Front Mount Intercooler (2.5" plumbing), Turbosmart MBC/9 lbs, recirculating BOV, ASCO plenum, dual fans, Maxima alt, Champion 3 row Radiator.

Comment

Cool thanks for the reply

Comment

Sure. Now you can make the sounds in your sleep. :-D

Comment

I'm the luckiest guy on earth, seriously.

Not only did I have to pay more for shipping, but CM forgot to weld in the O2 bung so now I will receive the exhaust on Thursday, and have to find someone to weld a bung in on Friday if I can get the day off work and locate a shop with a stainless bung all so I can install it on the coming weekend.

:-/

Comment

Careless wrote: I'm the luckiest guy on earth, seriously.

Not only did I have to pay more for shipping, but CM forgot to weld in the O2 bung so now I will receive the exhaust on Thursday, and have to find someone to weld a bung in on Friday if I can get the day off work and locate a shop with a stainless bung all so I can install it on the coming weekend.

:-/
                                did you call them? I would make them make a new one and ship it to you free and pay for the shipping on that one back while letting you use it till you get your other one

Comment

Working...
                                X