Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt in LSX engine mounts for the Z31

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by onefast87 View Post
    Also using the LOJ kit with a z32 trans, the dirty dingo mounts won't work with a turbo crossmember, the mount will not slide back far enough on the driver side.
    With the turbo Xmember it sounds like the L side mounting platform has to be extended rearwards. I wonder by how much assuming the height stays the same because it would be better to do this before trying to fit the engine. If no one knows I'll find out in a few months.

    Comment


    • #62
      Pretty sure the NA crossmember mounts are even with each other
      if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

      Comment


      • #63
        Also Nismo Kid i was wondering of you could repost the pictures that show the oil pan loaction. Looks like all the original pictures were lost in the photobucket-ocalypse. I was looking at the 'muscle car oil pan kit' and clearance wise it should clear the crossmember and rack with no problem due to having similar dimensions as the 98-02 f-body pan but the sump is 2.5" deeper the the F-body pan and i dont want to have the pan hang down too low
        if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
          Pretty sure the NA crossmember mounts are even with each other
          Thanks, anyone able to verify that? I live in the sticks, mine is the only Z31 for miles.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by 260DET View Post

            Thanks, anyone able to verify that? I live in the sticks, mine is the only Z31 for miles.
            here is a picture of the 2 of them. the top being NA and the bottom being the turbo crossmember, you can see the right (driver) side mount is moved forward on the turbo one
            if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

            Comment


            • #66
              Thanks heaps ediizzle89.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by edizzle89 View Post
                Also Nismo Kid i was wondering of you could repost the pictures that show the oil pan loaction. Looks like all the original pictures were lost in the photobucket-ocalypse. I was looking at the 'muscle car oil pan kit' and clearance wise it should clear the crossmember and rack with no problem due to having similar dimensions as the 98-02 f-body pan but the sump is 2.5" deeper the the F-body pan and i dont want to have the pan hang down too low
                The F-body pan fits perfect. I highly recommend using them. If the pan is deeper than the F-body pan its going to hang below the crossmember. Here's a couple pics I'll upload more when I get home from work tonight.
                Originally posted by Racinjitter
                :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Here's 2 more old pics
                  Originally posted by Racinjitter
                  :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                  ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    thanks for the pictures!

                    and it is becoming really difficult to find an F-body pan without buying new
                    if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      sorry to keep bugging you for pictures nismo kid but do you happen to have any of the header/exhaust fitment?
                      if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X