No announcement yet.

ARP Hardware part #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mario88ss wrote: Do they make ARP exhaust manifold studs? When I took my heads out to get work done I had 6 broken studs. I have a new set of stock ones but if ARP makes them I will like to know how much they are.
    contact dan-tss, he has an ss bolt kit for the exhaust manifolds...

Comment

mario88ss wrote: Do they make ARP exhaust manifold studs? When I took my heads out to get work done I had 6 broken studs. I have a new set of stock ones but if ARP makes them I will like to know how much they are.
      I have them, so I know they do. The problem is I don't know the part number because adam88ss used to sell them in a kit for the Z31 and filed the name/part number off the ends of them. I'm sure if you call ARP with the size and thread pitch they will help you out.

Comment

Re: ARP Hardware part #'s

mario88ss wrote: I got my ARP HEAD Stud part #'s (I know this work for sure.)

M5-100-1LB for the Short Stud
        AM5-900-1B for the Long Stud
        AMW-750N for the washer
        AMN-12-1 for the nut
        Does anyone have that 7 digit part# for those?
        Jukka Kivinen - Europe / Finland - '88 Turbo 2+2 Targa
        Datsun Nissan Sports Cars of Finland
        http://www.z31turbo.com / http://www.z31na.com

Comment

[quote]Kennedy wrote:
          Originally posted by mario88ss
          I got my ARP HEAD Stud part #'s (I know this work for sure.)

M5-100-1LB for the Short Stud
          AM5-900-1B for the Long Stud
          AMW-750N for the washer
          AMN-12-1 for the nut
          Does anyone have that 7 digit part# for those?
          I don't understand... these are the ARP part numbers:

AM5-100-1LB - Short Stud (18 needed) - $6.43 each = $115.74
          AM5-900-1B - Long Stud (8 needed) - $7.56 each = $60.48
          AMW-750N - washer (26 needed) - $.92 each = $23.92
          AMN-12-1 - nut (26 needed) - $4.15 Each = $107.90

Total cost = $308.04

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I don't understand... these are the ARP part numbers:
            Finnish retailers need part no. that are in ARP catalog .

http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalo ... atalog.pdf

Like 202-6003 for rod bolts.

They say that those are not part numbers. Just names.

Comment

[quote]Kennedy wrote:
              Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
              I don't understand... these are the ARP part numbers:
              Finnish retailers need part no. that are in ARP catalog .

http://www.arp-bolts.com/Catalog/Catalo ... atalog.pdf

Like 202-6003 for rod bolts.

They say that those are not part numbers. Just names.
              It's my understanding that ARP only has part numbers for kits or components for a particular car/applicatiopn. The rod bolts are a kit designed for a particular engine. The main studs are not a kit; it is peiced together from individual items, so those are
              the individual item numbers they have to order. They will not make a kit, so you won't have a part number to order. You can call ARP to confirm this.
              Attached Files

Comment

BLOZ UP wrote: The stock head bolts are not stretch bolts, but if you are using the original ones that came with the car, I would buy a new set.
                that just means ur not torque'n them hard enough LOL
                85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                  Originally posted by BLOZ UP
                  The stock head bolts are not stretch bolts, but if you are using the original ones that came with the car, I would buy a new set.that just means ur not torque'n them hard enough LOL
                  I still don't see the point of head studs before you even start having gasket failures. But I guess if you want to overbuid everything, that's the way to spend money.

Comment

Wicked.. I just got few prices.

(ARP Connecting Rod Bolt Kits)
                    ARP 202-6003 KK-PULTTISRJ NISS 87.00e -> $110 [in Summit $51.88]

(ARP Main Stud Kits) ->
                    ARP 202-5402 PINNAPSRJ RUNKOL 149.00e -> $190 [in Summit $89.88]

236.00euros -> $300 [in Summit $141.76]

Cheap eh?

If i order from summit. I pay maybe $200 including shipping (International order pay $24 extra). When they arrive here i pay 4.7% customs for engine parts and %22 for taxes.
                    That would get me $253. Only $50 difference :roll:

And is someone in usa buys them and sends me cheaper i might same more.. (more eBay reading)

Comment

[quote]grahfz wrote: [quote=Jason84NA2T]
                      Originally posted by SteveZ31
                      After I bought mine I called ARP and told them that the above said part numbers made up a kit for our Motor, the represenative I spoke to kind of just blew me off.
                      I just called and got the same thing; a flat "no". Essentially what he explained is there is not enough demand for a kit to be made for our application. They like to engineer each kit to an application, whihc would mean getting the actual engine in question and installing the parts to say something beyone "it fits and holds the head on there". Can't say I blame them, he said they are always willing to sell the bits individually if you ask by part number.

Final part numbers and prices from ARP:

Total cost = $308.04
                      how about just using the long studs? it'd give you the nice studded head ability of laying the gasket on and then sliding the head down into place.

and not be as hard to clean around the next time you have to change gaskets.

not to mention 1/3rd the cost.
                      Any consensus on whether there's really much benefit in this? Doesn't seem like the clamping force would be improved much overall and isn't there dowels to hold the gasket in place while installing the heads?

Comment

any body know how much torque our vg heads needs with arp studs

Thanks
                        1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Yes. I have them and they are correct. Our engines use the same ARP main stud kit as the SR20, so don't be suprised when the box says SR20 on it.

This information is in the turbo faq.
                          God it must suck repeating yourself 50 million times.

Comment

[quote]jn1cz wrote: [quote=grahfz][quote=Jason84NA2T]
                            After I bought mine I called ARP and told them that the above said part numbers made up a kit for our Motor, the represenative I spoke to kind of just blew me off.
                            I just called and got the same thing; a flat "no". Essentially what he explained is there is not enough demand for a kit to be made for our application. They like to engineer each kit to an application, whihc would mean getting the actual engine in question and installing the parts to say something beyone "it fits and holds the head on there". Can't say I blame them, he said they are always willing to sell the bits individually if you ask by part number.

Final part numbers and prices from ARP:

Total cost = $308.04
                            how about just using the long studs? it'd give you the nice studded head ability of laying the gasket on and then sliding the head down into place.

and not be as hard to clean around the next time you have to change gaskets.

not to mention 1/3rd the cost.
                            Any consensus on whether there's really much benefit in this? Doesn't seem like the clamping force would be improved much overall and isn't there dowels to hold the gasket in place while installing the heads?
                            Stock bolts can streach under extream load causing either the head to lift off the deck and eventually burning the gasket out, or the gasket firing ring can distort and just go. The studs are stronger than bolts and prevent that from happening.

Comment

well I couldn't find any info on how much torque to give the ARP head studs. Sow I put them at 75 using the ARP assembly lubricant.
                              1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

mario88ss wrote: well I couldn't find any info on how much torque to give the ARP head studs. Sow I put them at 75 using the ARP assembly lubricant.
                                Thats a lot. You are supposed to reduce the amount of torque when using different lubricants. The torque specs that are givin are allmost allways while torqing with a dry bolt or stud which you should never do. Allways reduce the torque accordingly with the lube you are using.

Also ARP studs are designed to streatch and the stock bolts are not. Somthing Dweezil forgot to mention but i'm sure he knew.

Comment

Working...
                                X