Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the exact muffler that I have on my Z:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

I love the sound of it. It cuts away some of the roughness and raspiness of the L-series and leaves behind a nice growl. It is loud, but not obnoxious and cuts down on low-mid rpm resonance well.
    1976 280Z 2+2 Turbo
    '81 L28ET, '84 Turbo ECCS, '84-'85 rotors + Toyota 4x4 front calipers + 240SX rears, Z31 DXD Stage I clutch kit, Evo intercooler, Tokico lowering springs and HP blues
    "I drive an S30...your stock equipment is my future upgrade!"

Comment

I have a muffler that came from a Ferrari 575M. PM with offers.
      Funny stories!

Comment

I have experience with Magnaflow (x2) and my muffler of choice at this point is the Flowmaster Super 40 for a NA Z31. Granted the NA is different than the turbo but from what I can tell from my experience the flow of the Flowmaster Super 40 is easily superior.
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: I have experience with Magnaflow (x2) and my muffler of choice at this point is the Flowmaster Super 40 for a NA Z31. Granted the NA is different than the turbo but from what I can tell from my experience the flow of the Flowmaster Super 40 is easily superior.
          i just took one off. IMHO it was the worst sounding, bad-mannered muffler i've ever heard. the overall volume level was very loud, the buzziness and drone were deafening. as regards flow, a website i visited recently while looking for mufflers said the magnaflow out-flowed the flowmaster. take that with a grain of salt of course. no buzz from the magnaflow and the decibel level was low enough to pass the cali sound violation test under 95dba. and thats 3" all the way out, w/ headers and an NA engine. (no flames on the exh size please, i know)

Comment

Working...
          X