X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 11 cas

Hi everybody
    i have a 1987 300zx with a 1985 turbo engine,
    I’ve got a hx35 on it and all the emissions and vacuum deleted, power steering/ac deletion, nistune installed
    so I’ve been trying to start my car the past 3 days and it wasn’t getting spark so i checked my codes and it’s code 11 and if I’m not mistaken that’s my CAS, but what i don’t understand is I’ve got a new distributor, new rotor and new coil, how is it possible for me not to have spark. I took apart an old distributor that was on my 87 running and switched out the cas and still nothing, I’m at a loss guess please any help ?

Might want to work backwards from there. Verify support things are getting power, since you replaced components. If you look at the schematic,
    that system is powered through the EFI relay and protected by a fusible link.

http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/z31fsm.php

Unfortunately it could be a combination of things since you have a custom setup, or it might possibly be a loose fuse:

Check to make sure that your Engine management fuse in your fuse box isn't loose. If it is it won't send a signal to your coil which won't allow your car to start. Because that's what was wrong with mine when it acted like what you where describing. Had to follow the wires back from the distributor to the fuse box and found out that one of the connectors for that fuse wasn't making a good connection.
    Last edited by Z_Karma; 06-18-2018, 07:53 PM.

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Z_Karma View Post
      Might want to work backwards from there. Verify support things are getting power, since you replaced components. If you look at the schematic,
      that system is powered through the EFI relay and protected by a fusible link.

http://www.xenonzcar.com/z31/z31fsm.php

Unfortunately it could be a combination of things since you have a custom setup, or it might possibly be a loose fuse:

I read I’ve the fourms you posted and i left the garage now but before i left i followed the coil wire cause i wasn’t getting any spark from the coil which seemed strange :/ are the fuses for those under the driver side fender ? Ahh this sucks 6 months building this thing and can’t get it to start due to electrical problems typical z but thanks I’ll check out what you and the forums said tomorrow

Comment

Working...
      X