Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didnt have to shave anything, all bolted right up.

Comment

Thank you, The tranny is installed in my car with shifter and driveshaft...It just did not look like the starter gear would hit the flywheel without shaving the area it mounts to on the tranny.

In about a week I'll know...

Comment

Just to reiterate, the Z32 transmission is extremely strong. People make 900HP+ on them. The only true known weakness is the factory synchronizers in 90-96 models. They simply hate high rev shifts. They were later upgraded in '97 to a much more robust set.
        Originally posted by Andrew84zx
        tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
        545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

here is another shifter bracket i found for u guys doing this swap...looks like it moves the shifter alil bit further forward then the mazworx.

http://www.xcessivemanufacturing.com/me ... 111&step=4
          We choose to do things not because they are easy but because they are hard.

Comment

Nice find. Now the question is which (the Mazworx or Xcessive manufacturing) bracket works for the Z31? It does seem that the XM bracket moves the shifter further foward compared to the Mazworx.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
            1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
            2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

Comment

Timbo. do you have a 2+2 or do you have a 2 seater? When you say you extended the driveshaft, can you clarify which driveshaft you started with?

Comment

Xcessive makes some nice parts! A guy I know is like there tester for all the KA parts he makes and its high quality stuff!
                "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

Careless wrote: Timbo. do you have a 2+2 or do you have a 2 seater? When you say you extended the driveshaft, can you clarify which driveshaft you started with?
                  He has a 2+2 i would have imagined that he would have started with a standard Series 3 manual driveshaft from a 2+2.

We dont really get 2 Seaters here in Australia
                  1993 BNR32 GTR - White
                  Apexi Front/Rear Carbon Strut Brace | Apexi Power Intake Kit | R33 GTR VSPEC Brembos | OHLIN Coilovers | 3.5" Invidia Exhaust (Catback) | HKS Front Pipes | Greddy Profec B Spec II | 17x9.5 Enkei RP-01 W/17x45x245 | Larger FMIC | HKS Adj Cam Gears | Nistune - 253Awkw(339Awhp)@12.5PSI

Comment

ill be doing this soon. z32 5 speed. pathfinder bell housing. pathfinder clutch and clutch assembly.
                    just need to know what i have to do for a crossmember. and a drive shaft. i already have everything else except the pedals and the clutch cylinders.
                    i bet if someone did enough research they could find a stock nissan shaft from something. ie pathfinder hardbody ect that is a bolt in shaft for the swap... that would be awesome.

does anyone know how much the shaft gets lengthen or shortened? and which shaft are they starting with? a z31 autobox shaft? or something else? also i imagine its different depending on if you have the 2+2 or the 2+0 like i do. food for thought....

last question. what exactly needs modified for the z32 shifter to work? why wont the stock z32 shifter assembly work in the z31? not in the right place? to far forward or backward? 2+2 or 2+0 ?

thanks.
                    trying to get this done with as little money spent as possible.

Comment

I have not had time to read through all these post but the way you mounted the shifter to the body will quickly take out the u-joint on the transmissions shifter linkage. The stress from the trans moving against the shifter mounted directly to the body kills them pretty fast. You have to have a SOLID trans mount so it can't move against the body if you are going to do it that way. Just a heads up

I have a solid shifter mount sort of like mazworks but is much beefier and adjustable so you can get the shifter in the correct position.

I also have a shift boot plate for the Z32 that may well be adapted into the Z31 also.

Comment

I modified the standard bracket to be solid and sit in the right position.. Took a while but its works good. Just need a good shifter that doesnt rattle now ..
                        Straya, +61

Comment

Timbo_021 wrote: I modified the standard bracket to be solid and sit in the right position.. Took a while but its works good. Just need a good shifter that doesnt rattle now ..
                          I have those

Comment

i need to do this really soon. > also i need the clutch pedal assembly, master and slave cylinder, clutch line, and drive shaft, or at least know the drive shaft length for the 2+0 (89)
                            last things will be some kind of tranny mount i will have to fabb, or prefabbed. along with a resurfacing on my old flywheel and a new clutch.
                            am i missing anything besides about 10 hours of labor?
                            cause i need to save up, and have this project planned ahead and ready to do in a weekend or so.
                            price guestimates would help to.
                            i already have the tranny and a 30a bell housing already.
                            thanks for the help

Comment

All the 30a tranny mounts will work but your 2wd and 4wd crossmembers are different as are the 4cylinders. Also, finding an early 2wd v6 truck speed drive would be beneficial to you as they run similar rear gear ratios. You can see in the pics I posted above of the black30a and the speedo drive I am refering to. That's all I can think of right now.
                              "Its the s12's sexy over weight step daughter, the z31"

Comment

nismopu wrote: All the 30a tranny mounts will work but your 2wd and 4wd crossmembers are different as are the 4cylinders. Also, finding an early 2wd v6 truck speed drive would be beneficial to you as they run similar rear gear ratios. You can see in the pics I posted above of the black30a and the speedo drive I am refering to. That's all I can think of right now.
                                um i dont think you got what i meant by me having a Z32 tranny. i have the z32 5 speed, because i had to buy it just for the bell housing on my VH45 swap on my pathfinder.
                                i put that bell housing on my pathfinder tranny, and i now have my z32 tranny and my old pathfinder bellhousing to put on the z32 tranny to make it a simple bolt on to the engine and chasis as far as i know. ...still not positive that the z32 tranny bracket is the same as the z31 or if it will bolt up.

like i said, i have the tranny already, with the correct bell housing, i just need to figure out what else i need to get, and what else needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X