Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So based on what I am reading here, the Z31 clutch does NOT bolt to the Maxima Flywheel needed to use the Z32 bellhousing. So is there a configuration where I can use the the Z31 clutch and Z32 bellhousing?

1985 Nissan 300ZX 2+2- My first Z, back in the family
    1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo RIP 4/87 - 4/28/2011
    Under Construction: 1986 Nissan 300ZX NA2T Slicktop
    Originally posted by Tempestas
    Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well... God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news... so that's a plus.

Comment

• MachZ;33467 wrote: I also have been using Z31 clutches on the Maxima flywheel so you don't have to give up yours or the Z31 options either.
      Cesar H;317897 wrote:
      Just to let everyone know the z31 clutch does not fit the Maxima flywheel.
      Then again it appears we have conflicting info here. That said, shouldn't it be possible to shim out the flywheel if only a couple MM are at stake?

Well, one of the t-tops wasn't latched real well... God only knows where that t-top flew off to at 150+ mph. Didn't scratch the car or anything, just a boom and it was gone. I sure as hell didn't stop to see where it went. I didn't see any stories on the news... so that's a plus.

Comment

• http://forums.nicoclub.com/vg30e-questions-t294643.html

Scroll to the bottom for info. Supports the Maxima flywheel accepting the Z31 clutch.

Comment

• My flywheel is getting redrilled at this moment, I went to my local auto parts store and tried a z31 clutch and no go then tried a Maxima clutch and it fit perfect. I filed the dowel pin holes on my pressure DXD stage 3 pressure plate a tad bit im sure I will not have any problems but I will be drifting my Z so I want everything to be perfect and balanced so I am getting a new one from DXD and flywheel redrilled and balanced as a set. I called Dave@sbc and he assured me they do not share the same bolt pattern as the Z31 but it is the same as the sr20. With that said it is your call but after trying 4 z31 PP both 250mm and 240mm and none working for me.

Comment

• Strange that there would be so much confusion over this. Was it the 89-91 Maxima Flywheel that you tried?

Comment

• I had this problem http://forums.f31club.com/phpBB3/vie...&view=previous and have fidanza flywheel #143871

Comment

• Wow that is close....

Comment

• I am wondering what the trans tunnel clearance is for the z32 starter..
                  D@MN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTA

Comment

• I had to mod the whole damn floor board just to get my S13 subframe in. Just get a big hammer, it will move

Comment

• Yes it is alot closer when you see it in person. The only major problem is the dowel pins that are off aswell that is why I decided to get my flywheel redrilled.

Comment

• Ok well I've done some more research on this and I think I've gotten to the bottom of it.

The 30A on the Z31 has the 250mm clutch, thus the pressure plate is for that particular flywheel. So if you take a 250mm pressure plate and put it on the Maxima flywheel, it shouldn't work. Research on the M30 forums shows the Z31 plate on the maxima flywheel. I believe this is where the confusion is occurring.

http://forums.f31club.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2262

Comment

• My stock clutch kit for my 85 turbo is 240mm and also wont fit.

Comment

• Cesar H;321069 wrote: My stock clutch kit for my 85 turbo is 240mm and also wont fit.
                            Which is for the T5, but the M30 guys are using NA clutches. I'm going to see if I can locate a Maxima flywheel in town to compare my pressure plate.

Comment

• So my flywheel and new clutch kit is on its way. It is a Maxima flywheel a 350z PP and a 240mm disk to match to flywheel surface area. DXD tested everything out for me and again confirmed that NO z31 shares the same bolt pattern so just get a Maxima or SR20 clutch and that way you know you have the correct parts or just swap the bellhousing courtesyparts has them in stock. I should get my setup by next week and will go to the autoparts store to try an NA z31 clutch just to double check.

Comment

• Sweet! Good looking out man!

Comment

Working...
                                X