No announcement yet.

Megasquirt info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black 89Turbo wrote: I have no idea how to hook it up to pin 14. I guess i can just De-pin Pin 36 and plug it into 14. what leads me to believe somethings fried is the fuel pump issue:
    Yes, let the FP issue wait. If you can connect in TS then your ECU is likely not fried.

You should have two large 27 pin connectors from the MS box. The one on "top" is the new MS3X board's output. That has the pin 14 you need. That goes to the coil's G/B or whatever it is. The middle one.

You're probably one of the first to hook up a Z31 to the new MS3X stuff. It takes time to get it right. Once running though, you won't need to do anything else to it unless you want to add options later. It is daunting for someone not comfortable with lots of DIY time. If it comes to it, I'll take your MS3X board, and you can run off of MS2-Extra.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

• [quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
      Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:sban2jb0
      I have no idea how to hook it up to pin 14. I guess i can just De-pin Pin 36 and plug it into 14. what leads me to believe somethings fried is the fuel pump issue:
      Yes, let the FP issue wait. If you can connect in TS then your ECU is likely not fried.

You should have two large 27 pin connectors from the MS box. The one on "top" is the new MS3X board's output. That has the pin 14 you need. That goes to the coil's G/B or whatever it is. The middle one.

You're probably one of the first to hook up a Z31 to the new MS3X stuff. It takes time to get it right. Once running though, you won't need to do anything else to it unless you want to add options later. It is daunting for someone not comfortable with lots of DIY time. If it comes to it, I'll take your MS3X board, and you can run off of MS2-Extra.[/quote:sban2jb0]

Lolz. I guess im just getting a little frusterated. I know it takes time. The issue i really have is its not my car its my brothers and im trying to work on my car but i can't b/c his is kinda in the way. Snows about to fly and i wanted to try and get it on the road and stored for the winter to do a few more upgrades before the snow. ATM i have tons of stuff going on and college is tuff so trying to go threw all the diagrams and spend endless hours figuring it out is hard. Theres deff more options getting added later. If i posted pictures of my car or others ive done you would scratch your head and say "this dude has a problem with MS..wtf" ive wired cars from scratch. Between this car and me trying to get the underneith of my car in primer/paint its just overwhelming right now.
      89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
      87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
      07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

• Judging by the diagram. wire it from the - side of the coil to L on the power transistor and that would be it. I would like to hook it up to the Oem tac wire But i think there has to be a resistor inline from the - side of the coil to the tac.

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
        Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:1rgcslk1
        Coil
        G/W- 12v to coil ?? Yes
        L-? This is the coil ground. The transistor/ignitor/driver grounds out the coil to charge, and then releases the ground (disconnects) to fire

Power Transistor
        L-from coil

G/B - signal from ECU - this is what MS triggers
        Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:1rgcslk1
        B- Ground

Both “L”s are tied together so were 1 goes the other ties in.
        [/quote:1rgcslk1]
        87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

• No, that's firing the coil directly. To use pin 14, you need the transistor to act as a little relay to take most of the current. So, MS signals to the base of the transistor, which grounds the coil for a moment (through the emitter, the little arrow in the transistor on the diagram), then it disconnects it and sparks fly from the collapsing magnetic field in the coil.

I couldn't find anything about how the MS3X board works with the pin 36 connection, whether that's still an option or not. Especially since you don't have a coil driver installed.
          BLOZ UP.com
          It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

• Am i reading something backwards?

Comment

• Black 89Turbo wrote: i think there has to be a resistor inline from the - side of the coil to the tac.
              The resistor is inside the car, so I you retain that OE wiring it is still going to work.

And no, you are not reading it wrong.
              Hmmm, Whats next?
              Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

• [quote]shromy wrote:
                Originally posted by Black 89Turbo
                i think there has to be a resistor inline from the - side of the coil to the tac.The resistor is inside the car, so I you retain that OE wiring it is still going to work.

And no, you are not reading it wrong.
                No. The resistor/ignitor is in my hand. It is not in the car by the drivers side foot well. That harness is no longer there. for that ignitor to plug into. MS3 is not PnP.

Comment

• Well no shit its not PnP. Why on earth did you not keep the harness etc? Further more you can wire it back in per the stock diag and it will do the same job. All you had to do was run the pin 14 to the trigger side of the transistor (G/B), add 12v to G/W, ground L, run wire from L to resistor to tac. You made it more complicated than you needed to.
                  Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

• shromy wrote: Well no shit its not PnP. Why on earth did you not keep the harness etc? Further more you can wire it back in per the stock diag and it will do the same job. All you had to do was run the pin 14 to the trigger side of the transistor (G/B), add 12v to G/W, ground L, run wire from L to resistor to tac. You made it more complicated than you needed to.
                    No not at all sir. I sold the harness with the ECU b/c i did not need it anymore. i woulr NEVER run a stock wiring harness with a standalone. its ALOT of work to do wire tucks with stock harnesses, delete all the "luxury" options. It so much easier to start with a nice new MS harness. EVerythings nice new and neat. The issue is not running the ignitor. the issue is witch pin is utilizing the ign. Now that we now pin 14 is being used it will be wired in that way and see were it gets me

Comment

• Then get to work. Should not take you long. I agree with the stock harness depining. Otta see the pile of wire I pulled from my JDM 2jz harness and it does not have half the vsv's, etc of the USDM.
                      Hmmm, Whats next?

84ZXT

Comment

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Am i reading something backwards?
                        That's correct--except that the L wire only gets grounded after it goes through the transistor (the B wire coming out the other side of the transistor).
                        BLOZ UP.com

Comment

• K. See how it goes.

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
                          Originally posted by Black 89Turbo:3e7hocuv
                          Am i reading something backwards?
                          That's correct--except that the L wire only gets grounded after it goes through the transistor (the B wire coming out the other side of the transistor).[/quote:3e7hocuv]

Comment

• I activaed all of these but dont know what the last Few are for. Expanded coolent temp, meters, internal log fields, user cr data check, pw4x. I tred to find the settings on the Ms3 manual but havent found yet.

Comment

• You can turn off CAN...

and probably Extended CLT, but since it's already on just leave it.

Don't know about the others. Not really relevant or going to harm anything. Just leave them.
                              BLOZ UP.com

Comment

• Still nnothing. Idk. maybe the dizzy dont get wired like the diagram. i tryed to do all the diagnostic test but it wont pass the first one lol. i tryed to do all the "loggers" and nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X