Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]BLOZ UP wrote:
    Originally posted by hoohaa
    I'm not quite sure if I should start a new thread for this, or if I should post it here. I'm thinking since no one else has started a new MS thread I will just post here.

What have you guys done for idle control on the VG30? I have a pathfinder manifold with the stock Nissan AAC and IACV. I want to retain the "timed heater" component, since it's completely independent of the ECU, but I really want to run the IACV through MS2Extra. The FSM makes it sound like a PWC controlled valve, but I am really not sure of what pulse width values to feed it. I guess I could set it until it gets hot and then back it off, but it someone has already been down this road I'd much rather learn from their experience.
    I haven't used any idle valvles. I used the throttle stop. Never had any starting problems, ONCE I finished fine tuning the cold start and after-start enrichment values. Try msefi.com, or one of the many other billion MS forums now... I think there's a separate msextra one now. I remember some maxima guys getting theirs to work... somewhere.

Another question: is anyone else running MS2Extra on the V3.0 board? If so, did you have to jumper a +12v feed to JP4? I did this and the MSII started having all sorts of problems. I removed the jumper and it all runs fine, even with MS2Extra code. I'm not sure I understand why this happened, but if I don't find out soon I'm going to the MSefi boards for help.
    I haven't tried the extra code yet. If it works now, though... who cares?
    I will start searching for maxima IACV use with MSII.

Yes it does work now, but it's only being run on the stim board now. If that processor needs +12v then I want to make sure it has it. I don't understand why the MS2Extra folks would specify this mod if it was not necessary.

Comment

hoohaa wrote:

I will start searching for maxima IACV use with MSII.

Yes it does work now, but it's only being run on the stim board now. If that processor needs +12v then I want to make sure it has it. I don't understand why the MS2Extra folks would specify this mod if it was not necessary.
      Is this one of the mods that you cannot put the MSII on the stim afterwards?
      BLOZ UP.com
      It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

I never read that. The MS2Extra manual doesn't mention any problems using the stim board, as far as I remember.

Edit: Matt Cramer replied to a thread I have elsewhere about this issue and mentioned that I should have used S12(c) for my 12v hot feed to the MSII daughterboard. I have no idea why the MS2Extra manual says jumper D9 to JP4 if this is true. Matt also mentioned that the 12v jumper is only for driving stepper motors, which I don't have on my vehicle. So the jumper is staying off of the v3.0 board.

Comment

Anyone played with traction control yet?

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/antirev.html

I have a use for it on a car where it would control ignition only. (mechanical alchohol injection) The ecu itself is not explicitly illegal, but I know traction control is. *sshhhh*
          http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

I want to run traction control. I've got my hands full with the basic stuff still though. There are a few guys that are pretty happy with it over on the MS2Extra board.

Comment

any one here any good at putting a a board together?

Comment

I know this thread is long dead but has nayone got theirs running well with 12x12 maps? I had mine runnign great using the 8x8 maps on the old magnus MSNS code but since upgrading tot he o29y4 with the 12x12 maps I just can't seem to get the bottom end pulling like ti did before, the higher resolution also allows for me to mess it up in more places

Comment

we had my brothers running pretty good till something went wrong but i liked it it was running great all the way threw the rpms and boost

Comment

evildky wrote: I know this thread is long dead but has nayone got theirs running well with 12x12 maps? I had mine runnign great using the 8x8 maps on the old magnus MSNS code but since upgrading tot he o29y4 with the 12x12 maps I just can't seem to get the bottom end pulling like ti did before, the higher resolution also allows for me to mess it up in more places
                    if you still have your 8x8 or whatever, interpolate it by hand.
                    BLOZ UP.com
                    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

Sorry this thread might be dead but I have a few questions.

1) Where can you find new connectors for the injectors, o2 sensor, tps, etc... I have searched everywhere with no luck. Mine are all breaking or have broken.
                      2) They have come out with a MAP sensor use with the MS. If I install this I can just pull out my MAF and go from there correct?

Sorry for the questions engine electronics is not a strong point for me!

So sleepy

Comment

F/A 300 wrote:
                        2) They have come out with a MAP sensor use with the MS. If I install this I can just pull out my MAF and go from there correct?
                        yes remove the airflow meter and run a vacuum like to the intake. easy
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Alright and that isn't going to get messed up because of the boost? It should account for the boost being there.

Its going to be awhile before I can even do this though. Kinda got in trouble and owe some money around now.

So sleepy

Comment

MS has always supported a MAP sensor. Get rid of that MAF trash and don't look back. Don't even think about calibrating it to use the stock MAF, which you could.
                            BLOZ UP.com

Comment

Alright that sounds good to me. I can repipe the turbo intake and maybe get myself the flow thru engine mount. Thanks guys good looking out.

So sleepy

Comment

F/A 300 wrote:
                                1) Where can you find new connectors for the injectors, o2 sensor, tps, etc... I have searched everywhere with no luck. Mine are all breaking or have broken.
                                I might be late but I get all my stuff from DIYAutotune.com They even have pre built setups and can custom make one for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X