S14---------------10.12-----1.93------0.87--------0.79----------2.68
    300ZX TT---------11.02-----2.13------1.18--------1.1-----------2.68
    350Z Brembo------12.76-----1.93------1.18--------1.1-----------2.68
    370Z Brembo------13.96-----1.95------1.26--------1.18----------2.68
    94+ 3KGT VR4-----12.36-----1.79------1.18--------1.12----------2.72
    Mustang Cobra----12.99-----1.71------1.1---------1.04-----------2.8
    Lancer EVO IX-----12.6------1.71------1.26--------1.17----------2.72
    Lancer EVO X-----13.78-----1.73------1.26---------1.18---------2.72

R32 T : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTS-T (early) : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTS-T type m : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTR : 296mm x 32mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R32 GTR VSPEC : 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R33 GTS-25 : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTS-4 : 280mm x 26mm (single pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTS-25T : 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R33 GTR : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R33 GTR VSPEC : 324mm x 30mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    R34 GT : 296mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R34 GTT : 310mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    R34 GTR : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    Z33 NA : 324mm x 32mm (4 pot brembo caliper)
    Z32 NA : 280mm x 26mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    Z32 TT : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot ali sumitomo caliper)
    S14, S15 : 280mm x 30mm (4 pot sumitomo caliper)
    86na - BlueZ
    Shiro #366 - Kouki Monster
    85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

I'm looking to do a front and rear Z32 swap on an 88NA. Setting up for track use and need better race pad availability and some unsprung weight reduction. I've read (can't remember if it was this thread) that the J30 hubs might work as a substitute for the hard to find turbo hubs. Has anyone been able to confirm/deny that they will work?

Comment

I've read a lot of what you guys have posted and I'm a noob when it comes to car term so im going to ask you guys for your opinion on the most efficient/less cost expensive set up for my stock 88t. Not planning on tracking anytime soon just feel like upgrading the old brake set up with some ss lines. I was thinking maybe z32tt front swap considering it seems to be the easiest just trimming.. As for the rear I don't quite understand what you guys are posting and again sorry if I do not understand the basic things you guys are putting out there.

Comment

z31man wrote: I've read a lot of what you guys have posted and I'm a noob when it comes to car term so im going to ask you guys for your opinion on the most efficient/less cost expensive set up for my stock 88t. Not planning on tracking anytime soon just feel like upgrading the old brake set up with some ss lines. I was thinking maybe z32tt front swap considering it seems to be the easiest just trimming.. As for the rear I don't quite understand what you guys are posting and again sorry if I do not understand the basic things you guys are putting out there.
          If you dont plan on tracking your car and just use to 'cruise' around in just use a really good pad and SS lines. The twin piston calipers are more than capable on the z31
          86na - BlueZ
          85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

I drive an auto just want feel like upgrading the brakes just because its about that time I might as well upgrade them too. Correct me if I'm wrong the z32tt caliper is direct bolt on and in order to make the rotor plus caliper sit correctly I must either shimmy or remove my dust shield. Then after that is there anything else I have too do? Do I just remove my brake set up and just look at everything I'm removing and reinstalling it to the z32 parts? Is it that simple or am I missing something.

Comment

z31man wrote: I drive an auto just want feel like upgrading the brakes just because its about that time I might as well upgrade them too. Correct me if I'm wrong the z32tt caliper is direct bolt on and in order to make the rotor plus caliper sit correctly I must either shimmy or remove my dust shield. Then after that is there anything else I have too do? Do I just remove my brake set up and just look at everything I'm removing and reinstalling it to the z32 parts? Is it that simple or am I missing something.
              Shim and trim the dust shield. You will either need conversion lines or take your z32 calipers apart to take out the bushing to use your z31 lines
              86na - BlueZ
              85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

[quote]adamvann3 wrote:
                Originally posted by z31man
                I drive an auto just want feel like upgrading the brakes just because its about that time I might as well upgrade them too. Correct me if I'm wrong the z32tt caliper is direct bolt on and in order to make the rotor plus caliper sit correctly I must either shimmy or remove my dust shield. Then after that is there anything else I have too do? Do I just remove my brake set up and just look at everything I'm removing and reinstalling it to the z32 parts? Is it that simple or am I missing something.

Shim and trim the dust shield. You will either need conversion lines or take your z32 calipers apart to take out the bushing to use your z31 lines
                so in other words I buy z32 rotors find a use z32 caliper and buy this ss brake line conversion ? http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/brakeslines.html

Comment

Yup, I used these

http://www.frsport.com/DIF-10042-300ZX- ... 15334.html
                  86na - BlueZ
                  85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Z32 4 Pots and 280x30mm rotors

USING 85 Turbo Hubs

Full write up here & works with factory wheels

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26792
                    85 Turbo Slick Top
                    __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

Bremsen wrote: I'm looking to do a front and rear Z32 swap on an 88NA. Setting up for track use and need better race pad availability and some unsprung weight reduction. I've read (can't remember if it was this thread) that the J30 hubs might work as a substitute for the hard to find turbo hubs. Has anyone been able to confirm/deny that they will work?
                      I have an extra set of 88t front hubs. PM if interested.
                      Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
                      Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

Bremsen wrote: I'm looking to do a front and rear Z32 swap on an 88NA. Setting up for track use and need better race pad availability and some unsprung weight reduction. I've read (can't remember if it was this thread) that the J30 hubs might work as a substitute for the hard to find turbo hubs. Has anyone been able to confirm/deny that they will work?
                        NA Hubs can be made to work easily enough if you can't get a set of 88 Turbo hubs, I have no idea about J30 hubs but Russ84NA is using 84 NA hubs with slip on rotors and I am using Slip on rotors with 85T front hubs. See the link I posted bottom of page 4
                        85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

Ended up buying a whole parts car that has the turbo hubs. Thanks for the offer though, matt.

James, yeh I saw Russ' thread after I made the post and was looking at getting them machined.

I'm using 88T hubs and discs with 26mm Z32 calipers. From my research this should be a straight bolt up with no shims required. Decided just to keep the rear calipers, not worth the $$ to swap.

Comment

shims and such are only required for converting early style hubs, you are correct everything bolts up. If in doubt see Jasons writeup on redz31.net
                            85 Turbo Slick Top

Comment

Don't know if this helps but...I did the S13 swap, and Z32 alum. knuckles. with Z32 calipers in the rear.
                              Used z32 rotors and everything worked fine.
                              Since I had almost new Z31 brake flex lines I reused them on the Z32 calipers.
                              Used this for about 8 months now with no troubles!
                              88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
                              87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Wilwood Forged Superlites
                                Piston Diameter: 1.620 in x4
                                Rotor Thickness:1.250 in
                                Pads: 150-8854K
                                Lines: Wilwood s13
                                Rotors: 350z Track Rotors (12.76")
                                Custom caliper spacer

Only compatible with late turbo hubs (or modified other)
                                Needs z32 BMC or equivalent to gain firm pedal
                                86na - BlueZ
                                85t - Mr Tickles

Comment

Working...
                                X