Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to PRW-2 Ign. Control Module (Power Transistor Unit)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to get one, PM me. Shipping to 30082.

1986 300ZX N/A 5Speed project. Needs work, but that's the point, isn't it?

Comment

• I have like 4 or 5 on hand if anyone wants some. PM me.
      - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

Comment

• Okay, I have about 8 in stock now. I'll sell them for $15 shipped (In the USA) with a bracket, in most cases. When I run out of brackets, I'll let you know. PM me if you want one! (I won't be able to ship until Tuesday next week though) I will test all units I sell.
        "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you..."

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
        Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21...-build-thread/
        -'85 300zx Turbo
        Build Thread:
        http://z31performance.com/showthread...)build-thread!

Comment

• I made a small video of this mod! Thanks for the how-to Raff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M_Vj6JyzOg&feature=youtu.be[/video]]
          " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

Comment

• dont thank me.

Comment

• Thanks for the how-to Mike!
              " I spend another hour trying to rip the bolt out of the subframe, pausing every five minutes to scream and contemplate how I get myself into these situations. Two cars over, a guy urinates. I watch the steam waft off of the fresh puddle in the gravel. It merges with the blowing snow and is cut by the aerodynamic wedge of a nearby Fiero. Beautiful. Another pry and the carrier finally falls to earth. I walk out of there $80 lighter, which makes me more mad." - Brian Kolar

Comment

• Before anyone's ego clocks out early from work, thank you distortionfile.

Comment

• Well I go dormant for a year and neat little stuff like this pops up. Will order one today. Thanks MichaelP and Careless.
                  Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                  tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                  545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

• http://www.ebay.com/itm/22020-12P11-...c9e244&vxp=mtr

Dont know if anyone ever noticed, looks like nissan had the idea before anyone else
                    Hmmm, Whats next?
                    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

Comment

• actually, 3rd party manufacturer/supplier Airtex had the idea before anyone else, not Nissan. don't be fooled by the sale ad or the part number, the 22020-12P11 number listed is the original nissan number and is merely there for compatibility verification (notice how it says "FITS" as the first word).

the photo posted is what you get when you order the unit from Airtex; Part Number # 6H1213. Roughly $100. For all intents and purposes, I'd say the upgrade is somewhat worth 100 dollars if there were no way to achieve the same results by spending about 1/5th of that. But you get a fancy bracket, though! lol.

if you use the supplied number and order it from Nissan, you'll get this:

When nissan runs out of the transistors, they will be NLA or a new number will be issued. The old number gets you the old part (for restoration purposes, mainly).

If you look closely, you can see the 12P11 nissan part number engraving on the baseplate/heatsink mount on the lower photo, too.

Comment

• I still have a ton of these things in stock if anyone wants one! Way cheaper than $100, too. Although it is cool to see a company doing this too!
                        "Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you..."

-'68 Datsun 1600 Roadster
                        Build Thread: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21...-build-thread/
                        -'85 300zx Turbo
                        Build Thread:
                        http://z31performance.com/showthread...)build-thread!

Comment

• ^^ Word. I got mine from him, works great!

Comment

• Just installed mine today. Noticed a little smoother revs and a little more throttle response.
                            Originally posted by Andrew84zx
                            tell her your car is so fast it will make her panties fly off
                            545 RWHP & 540 RWTQ

Comment

• I HIGHLY recommend this upgrade. I finally put mine in my 86 turbo today after making a trip to the J/Y to get some plug ends to make a crossover. For the record, she's got 164k and only upgrades are intake and exhaust, the rest is stock.

I too noticed a much smoother idle and quicker throttle response. On a road test, the new throttle response feels like I advanced my timing. It reminded me of my younger days with my 73 buick century when I would advance the timing and flip the round air cleaner cover to get more kick. lol

Now I'm in the process of fabricating a nice mount out of stainless angle iron. I was thinking of trying to somehow incorporate a computer cpu heat sink to it to help dissipate heat.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

• So I made a bracket for the PRW-2 out of stainless. I have some more material left if anyone wants me to make them one, but the material wasn't cheap so I'll have to get $20 shipped.

I could make one out of regular angle iron, but I think I'd weld the perpendicular piece rather than twist it. I'll sell one of those versions for $10 shipped... dipped in rustoleum gloss black $15 shipped.
                                PM if interested.
                                Hardware and PRW not included.

I'm redoing the harness I made so I only put one screw in to hold it in place for the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X