Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real World Titanium applications for VG engines? Is it woth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTI, the biggest waste of 30 grand ive ever seen. Period

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: UTI, the biggest waste of 30 grand ive ever seen. Period
      HUH? WTF is UTI? And who the hell spends 30k on it?
      "Simplify and add lightness."
      "Adding power makes you faster in a straight. Losing weight makes you faster everywhere."

Comment

http://www.uticorp.com/
        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: http://www.uticorp.com/
          OH hahahaha I thought that was some other Titainium application lol ops:
          "Simplify and add lightness."
          "Adding power makes you faster in a straight. Losing weight makes you faster everywhere."

Comment

lol no but im sure alot of UTI kids all they think about is what titanium piece they can get for thier "ride" next

Comment

my experience tells me that credentials mean dick.... I'm uneducated (on paper) and hold no fancy certifications not safety related, and I do good work.... likewise out of those I know or have met, the ones with no fancy paper work are generally the brighter and more willing workers.... and don't get me started on fat lazy union sheets...

now this isn't a blanket statement suggesting unqualified people are better at their work, because often they don't know, and equally often they take short cuts to get the job done quickly, but then sometimes you want speedy and adequate over plodding perfectionism

most of my work has been competing with or subbing for bell canada, and I can say with 100% certainty, you are less likely to have hassles/delays/callbacks with a non-bell guy, as for quality, most bell guys with experience have been replaced by twentysomethings that don't give a damn how it looks, and I have to fight to get work from burned-by-bell customers

oh well like is like a box of....

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                Originally posted by VG36ET
                *!
                Well if you cant see yourself buying ti rods for the vg then what the hell was the point of this 3 page thread!???
                Hey Satan, I hope your weekend goes well bro. If you think I've wasted anyones time with this thread or Jasons bandwidth your not as intelligent as I think you are. My main intrest is Valvetrain and their's nothing wrong with getting the mass conciousness buzzing!

The *Point* of this thread was some intelligent discussion about Titanium applications for VG engines and I think I've accomplished that for the most part!

Having read everyones two cents in this thread, I think an entire Ti valve train would rock hard if it could be had for a *fair* market price. The reality of *Luxury* materials ime though is that they come with an insane price premium.

Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Are ti valve springs advantageous. I've heard that ti does not bend well.
                  I dont know if this is true or not. But it would be interesting to hear some thoughts.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

VG36ET wrote: Having read everyones two cents in this thread, I think an entire Ti valve train would rock hard if it could be had for a *fair* market price. The reality of *Luxury* materials ime though is that they come with an insane price premium.
                    you do realize the rockers we have now are cast aluminum and therefore lightweight, I'm pretty sure you'd need to design physically smaller rockers from titanium if you expected to gain anything, and you still need steel for the springs since it is far less brittle, retainers and caps might net minimal gains, almost makes you think making the stuff more aerodynamic would help heh

Comment

[quote]VG36ET wrote: [quote=SATAN]
                      Originally posted by VG36ET
                      *!
                      Well if you cant see yourself buying ti rods for the vg then what the hell was the point of this 3 page thread!???
                      Hey Satan, I hope your weekend goes well bro. If you think I've wasted anyones time with this thread or Jasons bandwidth your not as intelligent as I think you are. My main intrest is Valvetrain and their's nothing wrong with getting the mass conciousness buzzing!

The *Point* of this thread was some intelligent discussion about Titanium applications for VG engines and I think I've accomplished that for the most part!

Having read everyones two cents in this thread, I think an entire Ti valve train would rock hard if it could be had for a *fair* market price. The reality of *Luxury* materials ime though is that they come with an insane price premium.

You and I both know its not a waste. Just funny to hear you say you would never do ti rods in a vg after you started the thread :lol:
                      Attached Files
                      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: UTI, the biggest waste of 30 grand ive ever seen. Period
                        have you ever fucking been a student there?

if not, please STFU

you tell me another way to be working for Audi as a certified tech by the age of 20.

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
                          Originally posted by Z31SPL
                          UTI, the biggest waste of 30 grand ive ever seen. Periodhave you ever frelling been a student there?

if not, please STFU

you tell me another way to be working for Audi as a certified tech by the age of 20.
                          WTF dood, you want rednecks working on your M5?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Andrevas says Audi and you bust out with an M5?? Damn UTI kids cant even remember which cars are made by who these days. :lol:

Im allowed to give you guys shit. 10 weeks til UTI graduation day. WOOHOO.

Oh and FYI, there is no way you can be Audi Master Certified by the age of 20. Two years minimum before you can earn that right. So by the time you finish UTI, and Audi training, and two years...Your 22..What now Bitch!!

Ahh I wont have all my Mercedes Credentials til im 23..So i dont ahve much room to talk!
                            ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

GotFast? wrote:
                              Andrevas says Audi and you bust out with an M5?? Damn UTI kids cant even remember which cars are made by who these days. :lol:

Im allowed to give you guys shit. 10 weeks til UTI graduation day. WOOHOO.

Oh and FYI, there is no way you can be Audi Master Certified by the age of 20. Two years minimum before you can earn that right. So by the time you finish UTI, and Audi training, and two years...Your 22..What now Bitch!!

Ahh I wont have all my Mercedes Credentials til im 23..So i dont ahve much room to talk!
                              ahh but I didn't say master tech just certified by Audi :wink:

I figure I'll be foreman before I'm 30 :P

Comment

I am shoooting for bimmer...

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Working...
                                X