Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway i'm having a hard time choosing a wastegate. Some of you guys are running the stock flapper on the "w" models, slightly ported and with a different actuator diaphram and whatnot. I was wondering if i went with a single tial 38mm if i'd run into creep or if it would be all the wastegate i'd ever need with my hx35?
    I run a 40mm on mine and was able to control boost down to 4psi with no creep at all
    86na2t + holset

feedback
    viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6114&hilit=andrew+gardner

Comment

• gardner86zx wrote:
      Anyway i'm having a hard time choosing a wastegate. Some of you guys are running the stock flapper on the "w" models, slightly ported and with a different actuator diaphram and whatnot. I was wondering if i went with a single tial 38mm if i'd run into creep or if it would be all the wastegate i'd ever need with my hx35?
      I run a 40mm on mine and was able to control boost down to 4psi with no creep at all
      I was wanting to run low boost at 7 pounds until i can get my hands on a stronger gearbox. They seem to lay down the fire just fine at that pressure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXI-vFI-E3U&feature=related[/video]] ... re=related
      vg30'd s13 in progress. Shocks. Pegs. Lucky.

Comment

• Comment

• thats pretty sick man

Comment

• he forgot to widen the internal WG hole, so I'm going to call him tomorrow and ask him what's the best way I can do that.

Or I could ship it back to him and get him to do it... we'll see.

Comment

• Nice work careless! Not many people mix up turbo parts like that!

I'm considering using my HX30 on my VG. I bought it to use on my RB20, but I sold that and now am either going to sell it or put it on one of my cars (the other being a KA S13).

I've been trying to find the compressor size of a stock Z31 t3, but I can't find it.

I know my rb20 is a 42mm inducer and 59mm exducer, with a 42mm/50mm exhaust wheel.

The holset is 44mm inducer, and a 72mm exducer. I didn't measure the exhaust wheel, and I have found various maps saying it can do 30-40lb/min but I'm not exactly sure.

My reasoning is the holset will far out spool the stock turbo, and I have 450cc rx7 injectors that it wont max out. And I have it, and all I need is nistune to put it together. My only issue is if it spools too fast and surges which can of course damage turbo's and engines.

My real goal is to get a VGT holset and make an equal length exhaust manifold. I'm not sure a VGT will fit between the frame and stock exhaust manifold they are quite large lol.

Thoughts any one? Oh and as for my HP goal? engine destroying rofl. I want 400-500whp and I don't care if I blow a few engines in the process, there's always more at picknpull for $150ish. :lol:

~Alex
              splatter fake blood on fubar'd quarter and roll out.

pedestrians=mobile clipping points -Benedict on PurePontiackid's 280zx

Comment

• i have hx35 bits here that may fit on your hx30 chra.
                they are reserved for someone else at the moment but if that falls through I can send them to you for what i paid for my he351 parts (100 bux).

you need to do your research on whether it will work or not though.

Rustspecs13 wrote: Nice work careless! Not many people mix up turbo parts like that!

I'm considering using my HX30 on my VG. I bought it to use on my RB20, but I sold that and now am either going to sell it or put it on one of my cars (the other being a KA S13).

I've been trying to find the compressor size of a stock Z31 t3, but I can't find it.

I know my rb20 is a 42mm inducer and 59mm exducer, with a 42mm/50mm exhaust wheel.

The holset is 44mm inducer, and a 72mm exducer. I didn't measure the exhaust wheel, and I have found various maps saying it can do 30-40lb/min but I'm not exactly sure.

My reasoning is the holset will far out spool the stock turbo, and I have 450cc rx7 injectors that it wont max out. And I have it, and all I need is nistune to put it together. My only issue is if it spools too fast and surges which can of course damage turbo's and engines.

My real goal is to get a VGT holset and make an equal length exhaust manifold. I'm not sure a VGT will fit between the frame and stock exhaust manifold they are quite large lol.

Thoughts any one? Oh and as for my HP goal? engine destroying rofl. I want 400-500whp and I don't care if I blow a few engines in the process, there's always more at picknpull for $150ish. :lol:

~Alex

Comment

• Figured I would post this even though it's a year old tomorrow.

jusmx141 on dsmtuners.com
                  Current HX35-sized turbo record holder is Gabe Friend with a HY35 (built by yours truly) at 11.14 @ 133.57. Look for this car to run well into the 10's with MPH like that....he had a 1.9 60ft on that run so better tires and a 1.5-1.6 60ft puts him at a 10.7 or faster with a full-weight 2G. This was also done with 93 octane pump fuel.

...Gabe was logging almost 63 lb/min with this turbo at 33psi
                  85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                  04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

• any mention of turbine housing? dsm guys are saying the limiting factor are a collection of things with holset turbos.

apparently the hx35 shafts are larger than the hx40 shafts on the turbine... but the wheel is larger on the hx40 and will allow the turbo to flow better at high pressure... but the shafts have a habit of snapping (as some people have reported, especially high pressure diesel setups)- so hx35 ends up being the better bet... However, I've seen some cumminsdiesel forum posts showing the shafts as being the exact same diam.

the hx35 6 or 7 blade can flow nearly 60lb/min, so he must be maxing that turbo out at 33psi making 63lb/min.

the super40 wheel flows roughly 70lb/min, but is limited by the turbine housing and wheel used to make the 35 hybrid. so anyone looking for that type of flow should run a 16cm2 turbine housing and a clipped holset turbine wheel, or just move up to a 40 altogether.

nice post, either way... what do you think of the results, SATAN? in comparison to other 60mm turbos, specifically.

Comment

• Careless wrote: what do you think of the results, SATAN? in comparison to other 60mm turbos, specifically.
                      Are you kidding? Holsets are fairly old school, yet they made a 60mm capable of making over 600whp a while ago. That's phenomenal!

Comment

• Ugh..i know 2 cars with 35's that went faster..but thats beside the point.The potential holsets bring is amazing for there time period. Its hard to beat the quality for the price.
                        89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
                        87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
                        07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Comment

• [quote]SATAN wrote:
                          Originally posted by Careless
                          what do you think of the results, SATAN? in comparison to other 60mm turbos, specifically.
                          Are you kidding? Holsets are fairly old school, yet they made a 60mm capable of making over 600whp a while ago. That's phenomenal!
                          i shall never ask you a legit question again. :-(

so the turbo I have should be capable of more power at slightly less boost, and should be able to take advantage of the twin scroll housing as well as the improved MWE compressor housing... :-D if I can flow 45-50 lb/min at 20-25psi, I'll be happy.

Comment

• Black 89Turbo wrote: Ugh..i know 2 cars with 35's that went faster..but thats beside the point.
                            Well, again, that was a year ago that was posted on DSMtuners. I'm sure a lot has happened since then. I was just searching google and that's what I found, so... yeah.

Comment

• Batmowheel, available for he351 and hx40!

http://www.cumminsperformanceparts.com/ ... aishe.html

Comment

• Remember, that there is ALOT of different sized hx35, and Hx 40's out there, and a lot of them did not come on cars and trucks!
                                88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
                                87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Working...
                                X