Site Outage and Site Change

Just tested the "remember me" feature by closing the browser, then entering the main website address in a new browser window. Sure enough, the main screen does not show me to be logged in, but when I click on "Blogs" it then shows my username at the top of the page. I am then able to click on "Forums" and it shows me logged in. Don't know if that helps troubleshoot the problem or not but figured I'd mention it.
    '86 NA - original owner (1986-93) and final owner (2005-present)

My build thread: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Got-mine-back

Cleared the cookies and cache and seem to have resolved the "remember me" problem.

To be more precise about the "Latest Posts" comment above, there are actually three different places one can see a similar type of information (which is a bit confusing):
    - the "Latest Activity" tab near the top of the "Forum" section
    - the "Last Post" entry to the right of each forum name and to the right of each thread within each forum
    - the "Latest Topics" pane to the right of the "Forums" pane on the main page

It is the "Latest Activity" and "Latest Topics" which appear to be frozen.
    '86 NA - original owner (1986-93) and final owner (2005-present)

My build thread: http://z31performance.com/showthread…-Got-mine-back

wbnethery3;n761034 wrote: Just tested the "remember me" feature by closing the browser, then entering the main website address in a new browser window. Sure enough, the main screen does not show me to be logged in, but when I click on "Blogs" it then shows my username at the top of the page. I am then able to click on "Forums" and it shows me logged in. Don't know if that helps troubleshoot the problem or not but figured I'd mention it.
    This happens to me too if I connect to the site via bookmark, www.z31p… but if I click the logo it redirects to z31performance.com and shows me logged in

I believe this is cookie related, prefixed with www doesn't know I'm logged in, but any link without www does

btw guys, go into your user settings under account and change your maximum posts per page manually, alex unlocked 40 per page at my request and works fine

Alex, can you somehow clear all the subscriptions from everyone, currently any thread I've ever replied in, hundreds of them, all notify me of replies by email

Obviously I can turn off notification, but then subscribing to anything becomes pointless altogether, and I don't subscribe to many threads as a rule, I'd only like to stay subbed to some of my own

I figure if you can clear every sub, a blanket reset, people can then go back and add the few they want… see what you can do

Yeah, I can clear subscriptions.... doing that now....

Any way to search topics and not posts? Still being booted off the site every few minutes.

I change max posts per page to 30. I hope this helps all.

Helps immensely. Threads no longer Fatal Error and time out. lol Thanks again dude.
    - VG30DET (HE341) 86 300ZX - 1982 280ZX Turbo - Headered NA 1986 300ZX 2+2 - 2000 Xterra -

I still show 141 subscriptions. Not that I care.
    Hmmm, Whats next?
    Full Size Bronco, smashing shit.

84ZXT

This new layout and such does not work nearly as well as any of the old. I find myself visiting the forums less and less because all of the simple navigation is gone. I preferred NEW POSTS over LATEST ACTIVITY. Oh well, I`ll be back when things are running smoother I guess.

It's all good … maybe some will discover a "life" outside the forum?? LOL!
    '84Z31 GLL turbo|theZenthusiast site: http://www.thezenthusiast.com |

Originally posted by maronee
    PS - by the way your Z31's famous here in japan, dude!!

"Life" is for the weak. Thanks for the work restoring the forum Alex. Hopefully in time some of the smaller issues will get worked out… I'm not gonna lie, I miss being able to see all the new posts/active threads in a single list.
    Feedback- viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19840

floridaZ;n761716 wrote: "Life" is for the weak. Thanks for the work restoring the forum Alex. Hopefully in time some of the smaller issues will get worked out… I'm not gonna lie, I miss being able to see all the new posts/active threads in a single list.
    Thanks for the comment man!
    I know, it sucks for the time being.

I could go back but it is soooo much work and the site would be down for days while I have to rebuild the database.

There is no a doubt in my mind that the site will be better functioning with new updates in a very short time. VBulletin is working hard to produce the updates that addresses many of the problems/bugs.

In the meantime, can you disable the auto-save while writing.... I get invalid response dialogs frequently popping up